Has been identified as a similar and good alternative to western red cedar. SertiWOOD® Cedar is used for a wide range of applications, both internal and external joinery and even saunas.
SertiWOOD® Cedar is a sustainable, durable, stable timber, manufactured through Heat treatment i.e thermal modification similar to thermowoods. Hardwoods are modified under heat/steam and pressure with temperatures in excess of 200 Degrees Celsius.
Key benefits of Timber Focus SetriWOOD® Cedar
• Sustainable Hardwood
• Durable over 50 years service life UC3
• Golden Brown
• Light weight
• Clear virtually knotfree
• Uniform Colour
• Good Insulation Properties
• Easy to maintain
• Low movement and stable
• Non Toxic
• Price level – Medium
• Takes coatings and finishes well
• Finest quality virtually knot free (supplied in the highest cladding grade in BS 1186-3:1997 Class CSH most cladding is supplied as Class 1, 2 or 3.
Uniform golden brown colour (Cedar tone)
• Moulding quality finish
• Good stability
Durable UC3 above 50 years service life ( durability class 1-2)
• Reduced distortion, cupping, twist and spring
• Smooth, high quality finish
EASY TO USE
• Easy to cut, nail and glue
• Machines well
• Takes stains and lacquers well
• Can be used for a wide range of applications
Available as FSC Forest Stewardship Council®.
• Competitive £ point Meduim range
• High Throughput
• Reduced Waste – if supplied for cladding profiles tongue groove 4 sides
• Improved factory efficiency
• Reduced further processing ( reduced filling)